Thursday 15 September 2016

Oh My Vagina!


When we had our first kid, our house was a mess (still is). We were still in our clothes the night before, I hadn't had my bath or brush my teeth yet, when the Public Nurse came in to check on the baby.

Oh yeah, she came in bringing two cars. A bunch of youngsters came out. Practical doctors. A BUNCH OF THEM.

Honestly we didn't feel a slight of frustration or offense with complete strangers filling up our houses. As a matter of fact, I was kind-of flattered to get that much attention as a "case study", an example. They all wrote down things about me, jolting furiously in their notebooks. I know it's not about my messy house or the fact that I smell like rotten chicken from last night's dinner.

They were trying to learn.

And the nurse too, she was doing her job.
If she wants to see a messy house from a tired, overworked busy mom, she would have looked on herself.


No comments:

Post a Comment