Monday 5 September 2016

Down for the words, a point to ponder.

Quiz time!
Can you guess the smiliarities between these three?


They are blaming "others" for their public meltdown and/or downward spiral.
Others bully me to do the things i don't want to.
Others made me do bad things.
Others made me end up in this perdicament.


Let me tell you one thing-i'm in a downward spiral too. Left my job to start a small company, and while it does give me a lot of sales lately, it's not much revenue-wise.

Now it feels easier to go on and blaming others for my perdicament-those who belittled me, those who refused to lend me money, or those who had been fooling around with my products-but i had to take the bitter pill and admit it's due to my mismanagement.

What I mean is, I understand-confessing your faults is much harder--and hurts a lot worse--than blaming others. I know this first hand.

I know how blaming others shifts the problem somewhere else, somewhere we cannot fix, and therefore we can calm down and sleep better.

But it doesnt solve things.

Putting the spotlight on yourself tells you you're wrong, you're bad, but you're also fixable.

No this is not a post to incite hate or fire to those three--but i'm here to give a point to ponder--is shifting blame the easiest way to get out of the problem?

And is it the most effective one?

Think about it.

1 comment:

  1. sejauh-jauh orang merantau, akhirnya kembali ke tempat asalnya

    ReplyDelete